Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Kids Say The Darndest Things


My nephew Fischer, who I love more then anything is the funniest kid. He is always saying 50 year old men comments to convince Pete to let him play the Xbox. Or saying insightful things to get his little brother Parks to do something for him. But the other day he said something that tops them all.
He and I were in the kitchen and he was getting himself a drink of water. There was nothing really being said and that's why the comment is so funny. He simply opened up the fridge and said this;
"I am probably the most popular kid in my class. I am not sure, but we'll see."
Haa haa haa, it sounded as if there was going to be a popularity vote at the end of the week and he was just waiting for the results to come in. What do you say to that? I thought about telling him that being popular isn't that cool and that it was cool to be nice to everyone. Or that being everyone's friend is better then being the most popular. But I put away the "intelligent aunt" front and just left the room. I was laughing too hard I don't think anything I said would have made sense.

1 comment:

kira said...

Oh Fisch.....what a character! Get this...Lillie got voted on her school council and is the only one in her year--you would think she would come home excited to tell us. I didn't find out until the school paper came home and her name was in it. When I asked her, she said.."Yes mummy, you have to be very bright to do school council. My class thought I would be great." She didn't even bat an eye about it! These Josephsons.....