Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dang The No-Bake and Shmallow Corn


So I weighed in at 146 today, bummer. I let the success go to my head. However I am feeling a lot more tone this week. I started doing the "Core Secrets Ab Assault" and it's a pretty good stomach workout.
And the reasoning for my title, I made 2 batches of no-bake cookies this week. Only half batches and I only ate half of the half. But I am sure that's a good 700 calories. So no more no-bake cookies, I must resist.
A little side-note. I learned this week from my friend Jake that the Great Wall of Chocolate at PF Chang's has a whopping 2,300 calories per slice. Gad zooks. We both admitted that we could eat a whole piece no problem. That's a scary thought.
I am going to try and do a mid-week weigh-in and see if I can get back down to 145. Looks like shakes and cereal only, for the rest of the week.

7 comments:

Jake Bryant said...

2,300 calories. But, that's still a ton. MMMmmmmmm no bakes.

Megan said...

It's the charming Motherlode cake at Claim Jumper that tops 3,000. Even I couldn't slam that one down.

ty and megs said...

yikes! too bad the chocolate wall is pretty much my fav dessert. ever. but good thing regular trips to pf changs is not in the budget.

resisting food is such a bummer huh? if only we were like mckinlay (and i'm sure cora). she is sitting on the floor behind me gnawing on a piece of her tutu fabric and seems just as happy as if it were chocolate delight. oh to be 9 months again.

p.s. running was interesting, but it felt so good. i totally know what you mean about the post preggers run being different.

Kev and Aubs said...

It was somewhat a relief to hear that you are human too! Thanks for not losing it all too fast, it made me feel a bit better about myself!

kira said...

Marie- you are the best. I wish I could go consume my calories in cool places like PF Changs.....or Claim Jumper. My fat is all due to the bowling alley. Our poor kids play "bowling alley" outside and pretend they are in the car on their way. Really, it is not to bowl! Just feed the whole fam for under 20 bucks. Can't beat that out here!!!! Pizza and drinks at a local pub.....$80. Nice. Let's just say we've never let that happen. Anyway, my point is you are so fab----and what are these SHAKES everyone is talking about?!?!? Your mom said Jer uses them. I need to know. I will order some. Because the only thing I am buying right now is one roll and getting one free these days.

Tara Fears said...

Marie!
Any clue how many caolories the fried banana's from PF Changs have? That's my Fa-Fa-Fa-Favorite! I've got a new smoothie recipe for you...juice, sherbet, ice cream, yogurt...it's our new favorite smoothie recipe. When can we go running again?!?! I'm proud of you girly! No seriously though, Pam and I are running a half marathon in St. George in January! Come along! And bring your photographer husband too, we'll need proof that we ACTUALLY did it!

Jake Bryant said...

MMMM. Fried bananas. MMMM fried anything. I WILL have to tackle the Motherlode.