Friday, October 26, 2007

Beware of Falling Branches

Once upon a time there were 2 beautiful walnut trees in our backyard. But one died and it is now sprouting gross mushrooms. We have discussed several times about what to do with it. But even dead it's very very cute. It has a certain charm about it.
However last night it sealed it's fate. It's going to the chipper

And if you look closer you will see Cora's jumpin' jack toy is under the rubble.

And yes she was in it and yes the branch fell on her. But Cora came out on top. She is a survivor.

5 comments:

cat+tadd=sam said...

Ok, seriously? She was in it?

ty and megs said...

holy crap! did you almost die of fright!? i snapped mckinlay into her "snap and go" stroller--except i didn't do the snap part,just the go--and her car seat flipped out over the stroller. i almost had a heart attack.

i swear we're good parents though...right?...guys?

Ashley said...

Scary. Kids need to have that kind of stuff happen to them...I keep telling myself that so that I can continue to call myself a good parent. Otherwise, I would have had to turn in my badge yesterday when I walked in the room and he was falling off my bean bag-head first-onto my wood floors.

kira said...

Go Cora! Definitely can take the heat.....

Cal and Whit said...

Wow. I am glad that Cora did not get hurt, she is a tough cookie though! Plus that is sad about the tree, it is such a neat big tree to be able to swing on and climb and stuff. Whew!!