Thursday, April 24, 2008

Here's an idea

So today while Pete and I were driving in SLC we saw this guy pulling a Radio Flyer with what I assume all his belongings, including a cute little doggie. As he was walking down a nice straight smooth sidewalk he couldn't take two steps without tripping. He also kept getting stuck as his wagon would fall off the sidewalk. This was sad and comical at the same time. He was " wicked sloshed" so it was hilarious to watch. But at the same time I felt bad for his stupidity.
Being my naive self I asked Pete, "where does he get his booze? Do people at the State Liquor Store honestly sell to people that drunk?" "Of course they do it's money" Pete says. Then I went on to say that it's ridiculous that they would let someone out the door in his condition with more alcohol. Then I said here's an idea put a breathalyser behind the counter. If they don't pass then they can't buy anymore. Or an even better idea they get detained for a night :) Yeah right... This would never happen in a world where a guy who just spent time in jail for killing a woman while intoxicated got another DUI the month he got out. Only to be bailed out and drink once again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're hilarious! I love your outlook on the issue. Funny and sad at the same time.

Megan said...

Marie, love you love you! I wish I could be present for these oh so entertaining chats and cute little questions of yours! I miss them.

Debbie Richmond said...

Well I must post on loving diet soda. You know me and my avid love of Diet Coke, it runs in my veins for sure. Also, you are to young to love Led Zepplin....:) Did I ever tell you that I saw them in concert? How sad is that, I am old....lol!!! I know what you mean about cleaning to good music though, very good choice. Kudo's to Pete for the note and flowers. Love you!!! xxx ooo