Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for;
Modern Medicine- Cora got tubes in her ears this week and I am so grateful. From what we can tell she had a constant ear infection for over 2 months. We tried every antibiotic and nothing worked. So when we saw the ENT and she said Cora was the perfect candidate for tubes I was thrilled. I didn't want Cora to have to suffer any more, nor did I want any permanent damage to her ears. I am glad we did it when we did cause the Doc said her right ear was terrible and there was already scar tissue building up on her ear drum. Hopefully this will help her get back to her normal self and be able to enjoy hearing again :)

Apollo Burger- Yesterday was the first time since Cora has been born that I have sat down and eaten a meal by myself. JJ had let me use his car while he and Pete were out for "business meeting." I took advantage and ran some errands while Cora was down for her nap. I trusted Walter to watch over her, just kidding. Our awesome neighbor girls are on spring break and kept an eye on her.
After I was done getting groceries and searching for random items I headed towards home. Halfway there it dawned on me that I still had about thirty minutes or so before Cora would wake up. So I flipped a "UE" and made my way to Apollo Burger. I was so excited to sit and eat an amazing hamburger with fatty fries and a icy Dr. Pepper all while doing nothing else. I actually had to wait for my fries to cool down. It was superb.

Fabric- I found a lady on Etsy who was selling fabric for $7 a yard. She carries Heather Bailey, Amy Butler, and a few other designers stuff that I love. So I got a little carried away and purchased some to make blankets, and nothingness with. If I had a million dollars to waste I would spend it all on fabric and paper, not to make anything with, but just to look at. After I get work things settled down I am hoping to get out my sewing machine and sew non stop for days and get caught up on all my sewing projects.
The thing I am most excited about it my Heather Bailey fabric. I am hoping to make a dress like this for Cora. If I actually make anything with this adorable fabric I will put up some pics.

5 comments:

ty and megs said...

love Love LOVE that dress!! what is the link to her etsy shop? (the fabric shop) $7 is a way better deal for HB fabric then i can get here.

Cal and Whit said...

Hooray! I loved this post! Congrats on the tubes for Cora. Also, the dress is darling! So cute!

Kev and Aubs said...

I hear you on the eating alone thing. Kev and I are going on a get-away this week and that might be one of my top things I am looking forward to. Eating without competing for my own food or shoving in a bite while Jordan screams cause he needs another one.

Megan said...

What's up Josie!!! I found you! I hear ya on the tubes! Zoe's had quite the battle with her little ears too. I was a happy mama when she got her tubes in!

~Whitney~ said...

three things. a) can u tell me the Etsy site - I love love love Amy Butler stuff and b) I tagged you? c'mon. c) I bumped into Sandy and Jane and Steve today - let's go to lunch with Sandy and Jane! :)