Sunday, February 24, 2008

A sign you are missing something as a Mother.


Cora hasn't been feeling very well for the last few days. On Wednesday we had her all dressed up in the new sweatshirt Pete bought for her from California. As we were packing up to head out the door she threw up. Twice. It was really sad but we thought it was just because she choked on the pretzel we had given her earlier. But when she threw up in the aisles at Target and then again at our friends Jen and Jonathan we realized it was something more.

We took her home and I did my best to take care of her. But as you can I see I missed something. On Thursday she was in her room playing when it was silent for awhile. I assumed she was into something so I went to go check on her and this is what I found. She had dumped out her laundry pail and found something to snuggle with, her dirty towel. Obviously I missed the signs that she was completely pooped.

2 comments:

ty and megs said...

oh! that is the sweetest little picture! poor gal. don't you hate it when they are sick? there isn't much you can do, but i love that it makes mckinlay more snuggly. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't tell grandma Debbie. She would be sad. Hadlee loves her sqeakers. They are so cute. Jessica expects her to wear them with everything.