Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Inspiring



With the passing of President Hinckley it has been comforting and uplifting to see so many people touched by him and his Presidency. Simply the sound of his voice has brought the spirit into my heart and brought me to tears. I found the above video on my friends blog and it brought a lot of emotions and tears to me today. It made me realize how little I am doing to better myself and how far I have to go to be like him. So today I am making a 2 goals that I think we help me get to where I aspire to be.

Goal #1 - Enlist and finish the Hinckley Challenge. I have a confession and it's not a great one. I have never completed the Book Of Mormon. This is embarrassing and sad to say I claim to have a testimony of it yet I haven't fully come to know it. So this is my goal. To finish the Book of Mormon by May 10th.

Goal #2 - Attend the Temple. I have a goal to make up for all the months lost while having an infant and excuses to not go to the temple. I will attend the temple 6 times in the month of February. I love the Temple and the feeling of peace. I love sitting with Pete in silence and feeling the spirit of the Temple. And I am grateful for 3 temples within 30 minutes.

2 comments:

johanson family said...

wow! you inspire me! you guys are such a fun family and i loved getting to spend a little bit of time this past month chatting with you and in your home. :)

Anonymous said...

Marie-
This is Erin Walker. It's Atkinson now, but I just found out that you live right by me! I live over on Center Street. I run past your house almost every day and think, how cute is that house? I should stop one of these days and say hi. Your family is so cute. I love your big dog. Hope to see you soon.
Erin