Tuesday, March 25, 2008

California

We spent last week in Northern California for a wedding and a funeral. Talk about an emotional weekend. It was a very very good week though. And it made me want to live in California even more. We flew into Oakland and spent Tuesday night and Wednesday day in Pleasanton with our good friends JT and Becky Thomas. They lost their sweet little girl Adele Lynn to a terrible virus after 72 days. We attended the funeral on Wednesday and felt the sweet spirit of the Thomas and Proctor family.
After the funeral we decided it would be fun to surprise Pete's family and drive down to Clovis. It was a beautiful drive. Green rolling hills with goats and sheep grazing. It was amazing. We were able to pull off a few good surprises with the family and had a good time hanging out. On Thursday morning we headed off to Woodward Park and had lunch and took some great pictures. Here are just a few;

We returned back to Pleasanton on Thursday night and woke up early to spend the day in San Fransisco. It is such a cool atmosphere and is a great place for people watching. We walked along the piers and did some shopping. It was a great time and a great day.As you can see Cora was enjoying herself. And yes she is in her pajamas. When we got out of the car I realized I left her whole outfit in the dryer. I was so bummed. But I don't think she noticed :)
Saturday was spent in Sacramento for Gloriana's wedding. She was a beautiful bride and it was a perfect day. I will post pictures of those shortly.

13 comments:

cat+tadd=sam said...

Fun, fun. Take me there one day. Also, your hair color looks awesome in that pic. Still liking it?

ty and megs said...

i am so sorry to hear about jt's baby! i can't even imagine! my heart goes out to them.

cora is walking!? since when?

Unknown said...

I LOVE Cora's outfit! Adorable :) Glad you guys had fun. San Fran does have a great atomosphere. I haven't spent the day there in too long, for how close we live :(

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast, California is great! I lived in Livermore which is right next to Pleasanton growing up. Pete is quite talented with the camera.

Jaime Stephens said...

Cora is walking wow thats so fun! She looks so cute. I am sorry to hear about your friend that is very sad.. Glad you could enjoy family in california too.

Rachel Murray said...

Happy birthday to Cora yesterday!! Cora looks like she's a pro at walking...it must be the sqeakers. I was wondering if you have gotten that shipment of boys shoes in yet. I really want to get some squeakers for Mason. Also I want Pete to take Mason's 1 year pictures. I'll call you.

Josh and Gloriana said...

so fun to see you guys this weekend- taking pictures with you was a blast- you guys made it so fun! Thank you thank you thank you! also- that pregnancy post made my heart skip a beat- don't do that unless it's for real!!!

kira said...

We miss you guys!!! Cora is the cutest baby ever---can she come hang out with us?!?!

Kristan Carter said...

Maria,
I can't beilieve that about TJ's little girl. It that there only one? So sad!

Anonymous said...

When I look at you, Pete and Cora I just smile. You have the best little family and even larger huge family. Sometimes I think it would be fun to have a big crazy family. BUT I would love to just be a part of yours! OK? see you soon. Oh by the way! Make sure you know that the wedding week ends August 9th. We have to be out of the house by 10 am on that Saturday so if you and Pete want to stay until Sunday you will be hotel bound. Thanks bud! Call me soon.

Love - Eryn

katierasmussen said...

Marie, Marie!! I found your blog! I han forgotten what you had told me when I saw you at target, so I'm glad I stumbled upon it! It was so fun to see you and meet your hubby and CUTE daughter. I'm going to add you to my friends list so I can sneak peeks of your life every now and again:)

The Crew said...

Hey Girl!!! Your tellin me a crazy life. 3 kids under 14 months... I will admit, I am a bit scared :0 I figure if John and Kate plus their 8 can do it we can too!!! It's good to hear from you. Your little girl is sooooo cute :) Keep in touch.
Elise

Sue said...

Marie-
You are being a bad blog mom.