Friday, January 18, 2008

"I don't have to buy it. I just want to taste it."



This is what Michael says about purchasing the song, "Goodbye My Lover" by James Blunt. And this is how I feel. I have decided to say goodbye to a very special and dear friend for one year.That's right I have made a promise with myself to go without my favorite indulgence for one year. You may ask how this came about. I have always known I had a problem with my rate of consumption of the before mentioned, but while in California I realized it must stop. Brooke and Dave were generous enough to let us stay at their house for almost 2 weeks. The first day we were there we journeyed to Costco to get food for the week. Brooke picked up a BOX of Oreo s for a wonderful Oreo truffle that our sister-in-law makes and immediately Pete said, "Don't let Marie eat all of those." Well he wasn't completely off in saying that. I managed to polish off a total of 4 sleeves all by myself. Yeap 4. And that was in a matter of 3 days. If a camera crew was to follow me around and allow others to see what I eat, well, let's just say, I would not have any friends.
So that is what brought me to this crazy commitment. I first staged the scenario to Pete and he just laughed. I even stated my terms that if I did indeed go an entire year without Oreo s he would have to go back to school or I could go to Beauty School. He has so little faith in me that he agreed to this. So folks there you have it, no Oreo s for Marie and Pete gets a "real" education.

9 comments:

ty and megs said...

good luck marie! i once placed a bet with a co-worker to see who could go the longest without any treats AT ALL. the first few weeks were so hard, then it got way easier. i went for 4 months. come to find out my friend only made it about a week or something and didn't tell me until then...so mean.

ty and megs said...

p.s. super cute new blog header!!

Marie Stott said...

Thanks Megs, I stole the idea from you. Sorry I couldn't be more original.

Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenni said...

Hi Marie, just found your blog. You are so brave to go a whole year without Oreos. Zach and I bought a package the other day and ate it up really quick. We both felt pretty bad about it when we looked at the calories per cookie. So kudos to you because even knowing the calories I don't think we could give them up. Anyway...love reading your blog.
Jenni Peacock
(jennipeacock.blogspot.com)

Ashley said...

You can do it. The stakes are high enough and I think you are competitive enough, if I know you at all, that this is going to happen.

Anonymous said...

No one should EVER go without treats. This is insanity! I am AGAINST this, Marie.


Eryn Roles - a life-long lover of all sweets and treats. they will always live in my heart and belly.

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

Marie, Put something new on your blog! This is the only thing that keeps me entertained at work and I am getting quite board. Tell Pete to update his as well. Thanks:) Ha ha I love you!