Friday, December 7, 2007

A Little Post About My Favorite Person

I will give you 5 hints for you to guess who my favorite person is;
1. Always helping other people
2. Favorite things start with an E
3. Most thoughtful person I know
4. Beautiful eyes
5. Name is commonly preceded by "Pirate"

You guessed it, it's my cute Hubby, Jefe.
Today I was sitting on the computer doing some work and when he came home from work he had brought me a treat. A soda and a rice krispie treat. He knows I love these things and grabbed some for me before he left work. He is always doing cute thoughtful things like that. There has been several times where he will come home and have a surprise for me. Or I will come home to an amazing change in our house to which he spent hours doing.
There have been 2 events in particular that make him the best husband ever. In February of 2006 for my birthday Pete flew in my best friend from Virginia and surprised me. Not only had he surprised me with her he had completely put together our guest bedroom for her to stay in. And I mean completely. He had to bring in the queen mattress, bed frame, and head and foot board from the storage. Wash sheets and put up blinds. It was the most amazing surprise.

And then for this last birthday he pulled off an even more amazing stunt. He convinced me to hold off on buying our baby furniture so long that I was then told it was back ordered and wouldn't be available until 2 days before the baby was to be born. i was devastated. Little did I know it was already ordered and complete ready to pick up. Then while we were in Midway for work he arranged for my sister-in-law and her mom to come and assemble and decorate the nursery. He also had new carpet laid and the room painted (thanks Sue and Tadd.) So when I came home on my birthday this is what I came home to.
All of this and I had no idea. Pete is the best at surprises and keeping secrets.

I love him so much and I am so lucky to be married to him. He will bless my life and our children's for eternity. If any of you don't know Pete you need to. You are missing out on one of the greatest friendships you will ever have.
here are a few pictures to help you love him even more, for those of you who do know him.

10 comments:

Amy said...

I would never have guessed the second picture is him! What a thoughtful husband, maybe he could teach Dave some new tricks.

Cal and Whit said...

That is such a cute post! Everytime we are done hanging out or something with you guys, I always say...I love that Pete. He is such a great guy and you are a lucky gal!

Cort and Amy said...

We totally agree. Everyone needs to have Pete as a friend. Can't wait to see you guys!

CHUNTZ said...

WHAT A CATCH MARIE! YOURE LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH A GREAT HUSBAND....NOW YOU JUST GOT TO FIND ME ONE! HA HA HA!

Jaime Stephens said...

WOW! Coras room is amazing!! and that picture of Pete is so funny....

cat+tadd=sam said...

Aaaarrr he be Pirate Pete!

oldemail said...

Hi Marie. Wow, I can't believe you're a mommy. Your little Cora is so darling. I came across your blog through Marcus and Brittany's. You look great! :)

Brooke
www.studdert.blogspot.com

cat+tadd=sam said...

I'm bored of your blog. Please post again.

Heather Harper said...

Hey you guys!, this is Heather (Petersen) Harper. I'm sure you'll remember me from the Kristan, Katie days and NuSkin.
I got your blog off of Kristan's, it was good to see pics of you two and your little girl. Cute!
Our blog is http://jaredlovesheather.blogspot.com.
Merry Christmas!!

Megan said...

You guys just left our place and I had to let you know how Mark's gushing--I don't think he's been that appropriately socialized in years. Thanks for coming!